Skip to content
Healthcare is a human right. We can cover everyone with:
- Medicare-for-All universal healthcare now.
- Everyone should be able to see a doctor, no matter their income.
Education is a human right. Let’s assure quality public education by:
- Requiring public funding for K-12 schools only go toward public schools and their students.
Ending standardized testing, which impedes our teachers and students from the important acts of teaching and learning creatively.
- Extending Bankruptcy Law to cover education loans, because no one should be burdened with debt they cannot pay.
- Making Public College and Universities free: everyone should be able to get a taxpayer funded public education without debt.
- Forgiving and wiping away all student loan debt: public education is a public good and we should fund it that way.
Shelter is a human right. Let’s achieve housing for all by:
- Developing innovative ways to increase the available supply of housing.
- Designing new programs which would assure that people earning under $20 an hour can get assistance to keep their housing costs below 30% of their income.
- Using tax, zoning and other tools to end housing segregation. All neighborhoods should be mixed income neighborhoods.
Prisoners are human beings. We must:
- Ending prison slavery by repealing the exception clause from the 13th amendment.
- Release the 39% of prisoners who pose no compelling public safety risk.
- Close private for-profit prisons. No one should profit by locking people in cages.
To make these and many other policies achievable, we must
Get money out of politics. We need:
- A constitutional amendment that ends corporate personhood and declares that money is not speech.
- Citizen owned, publicly financed elections, so our politicians represent us.